Current Job Openings
Web Hosting Support Tech
40 hour per week, on-site, employee position
Brownrice is looking for a friendly, detail-oriented Support Tech with web development experience, Linux server experience, and superior communication skills (both written and verbal), who is capable of working in a team environment and enjoys helping people solve technical problems.
Compensation: Competitive hourly pay depending on skills and experience plus health benefits, paid vacation, retirement plan, and a ski pass (or equivalent bonus.)
The ideal candidate would have:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Linux, web servers, and open source databases.
- Experience in a technical support capacity specifically related to hosting.
- Experience with web site building using CMSs (Wordpress, Joomla, Expression Engine, etc.)
Typical duties might include:
- First-line tech support for our hosting clients: Email configuration, hosting set-up, and general troubleshooting via phone and email.
- Debugging customer issues with email programs, web site building, and billing.
- Identifying network and server bottlenecks and troubleshooting, optimizing, and reporting.
- Building servers in our on-site data center.
- Running network cables and building racks in our on-site data center.
This is a full-time, on-site position in our Taos offices. If you do not live in Taos please do not apply.