Brownrice Internet, Inc's Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with Brownrice Internet, Inc. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document Brownrice Internet, Inc. may suspend or terminate your account.
Brownrice Internet, Inc.'s Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for Brownrice Internet, Inc. Services is designed to help protect Brownrice Internet, Inc., and Brownrice Internet, Inc.'s customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by Brownrice Internet, Inc. Brownrice Internet, Inc. reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at http://secure.brownrice.com/acceptable_use_policy.phtml.
Prohibited Uses of Brownrice Internet, Inc. Systems and Services:
Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
If Brownrice Internet, Inc. is made aware of abuse or violation of prohibited content rules, Brownrice Internet, Inc. reserves the right to remove content and/or immediately terminate clients account.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("SPAM"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Brownrice Internet, Inc.'s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of SPAM from another service provider advertizing a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on Brownrice Internet, Inc.'s servers, is prohibited. Sending bulk email to non-existant email addresses is prohibited. Brownrice Internet, Inc. accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any Brownrice Internet, Inc. customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the Brownrice Internet, Inc. network or on another provider's network.
- Using Brownrice Internet, Inc.'s Services to interfere with the use of the Brownrice Internet, Inc. network by other customers or authorized users.
- Clients shall not interfere with another clients use and enjoyment of the Service or another entity’s use and enjoyment of similar services.
Customer Responsibility for Customer's Users
Each Brownrice Internet, Inc. customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from Brownrice Internet, Inc., is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an Brownrice Internet, Inc. customer will be forwarded to the Brownrice Internet, Inc. customer's postmaster for action. If violations of the Brownrice Internet, Inc. Acceptable Use Policy occur, Brownrice Internet, Inc. reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating Brownrice Internet, Inc.'s AUP as Brownrice Internet, Inc. deems appropriate, without notice.